Our rationale for spending Early Years Pupil Premium Funding at Childhaven
- We believe that all children can achieve well and have the potential to be successful
- We know that vocabulary development is critical for lifelong learning
- We know that some children have more limited access to extended vocabulary and / or life experiences that provide that new vocabulary
- We plan to enhance opportunities to include life experiences for children that we believe are essential for healthy growth and development (music, nature club, sensory play, mindfulness sessions and going out and about in the local area)
- Each term we look at when children’s attendance patterns align with these sessions and we invite children in for additional sessions so that these are targeted at the EYPP group.